Worms Open Warfare 2
Year of Release
Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable
The Team17 Softography Says...
Retaining the classic 2D gameplay, cheeky humor and clever mix of action and strategy from Worms: Open Warfare, Worms: Open Warfare 2 takes gaming on the move to the next level by bringing the battle online. Test your skills and fight it out with other Worms fiends from anywhere around the world. With all new single player and multi player modes, weapons, scenarios, and unprecedented customization options for your worms, Worms: Open Warfare 2 is the most comprehensive Worms title yet.
Previously planned for a Summer release, delays have pushed it back to September at the earliest.
This time, Team 17 have charged Holland developers Two Tribes, who previously developed the brilliant N-Gage port of Worms World Party, with the task of developing the DS version. Development of the DS version of Worms Open Warfare had been outsourced to Gamesauce, who produced a shoddy product that never should have seen a retail release. It won't be difficult to surpass that benchmark, really, and considering how good the N-Gage version of WWP was, it's bound to impress.
- 6 all new landscapes allow the worms to battle it out through history’s most famous wars.
- 11 brand new weapons and utilities including electromagnet, boomerang, and bunker buster.
- Take on adversaries from around the world with the all new online (Infrastruction mode – PSP, Wi – Fi connection – DS) multiplayer or pass around the handheld device in Hot-Seat mode. All for up to 4 players.
- New single player modes including Puzzle mode and Campaign mode.
- New multi player modes including Race mode and Fort mode.
- Customize your Worms – personalize everything from worm hats and victory dances to team flags. Use the powerful custom level editor to design the ultimate battlefield.
- PSP specific features
- Play nearby friends in Ad-hoc mode
- Downloadable content, special in game effects, enhanced reply mode
- Form clans online, check your stats and see if you can get to the top of the leaderboards.
- DS specific feaures
- Use the touch screen and face buttons to select weapons
- Exclusive DS mini – games using touchscreen and microphone