Steam Group

Misc.
Links
Staff
Super-frog.co.uk
Team17.com

Forum

The 100% Unofficial Thread

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Re: The 100% Unofficial Thread

Postby Bloopy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:59 am

Hello from New Year's Eve where I'm doing not much!
x_+
Bloopy
Regular

Postby Xinos » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:13 pm

It's very lonely here Slick. Last year I got into electronics and 3D printing. Electronics is tricky, I have far more ideas than I have time and skill to execute (I can basically assemble a series of leds). But I watch way to much youtube videos on the subject. Better for my brain than cat gifs I assume. 3D printing is right up my alley, and it was much easier to get started than with a 2D printer. Working with 3d software for so many years is finally proving itself useful!
Xinos
Regular

Postby ViceroyOfMonteCristo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:25 pm

Man, it's too bad that everyone's pretty much abandoned this place again. Then again, I guess it's kinda inevitable that people move on from their old friend groups and get busy with, well, regular life.
Follow me on Twitch! Or don't. I respect your decision.
ViceroyOfMonteCristo
Settled in

Postby Slick » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:25 pm

Xinos wrote:It's very lonely here Slick. Last year I got into electronics and 3D printing. Electronics is tricky, I have far more ideas than I have time and skill to execute (I can basically assemble a series of leds). But I watch way to much youtube videos on the subject. Better for my brain than cat gifs I assume. 3D printing is right up my alley, and it was much easier to get started than with a 2D printer. Working with 3d software for so many years is finally proving itself useful!

That's very cool. Any pictures of things you've made so far?

ViceroyOfMonteCristo wrote:Man, it's too bad that everyone's pretty much abandoned this place again. Then again, I guess it's kinda inevitable that people move on from their old friend groups and get busy with, well, regular life.

Yeah "life" is very overrated. Jobs, taxes, bills, social relationships - it's exhausting. Especially if you're introverted and people tend to drain your energy.

I still try and remember to come back here though. Granted it's been like a year. But I've been a very disgruntled person in the last year because of my job.
Now I work from home and it's the bees knees.

Speaking of which - I can hire someone if someone wants a job that only pays like $10 an hour making phone calls from home.
If you can read this....your not blind.
Slick
Beef Stew

Postby Zeor » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:35 pm

My own work-from-home job is kind of kicking my ass these days. I, uh, wish I felt more like I were cut out for it, but I'm really not sure. Also I'm totally under the weather and seasonal affective disorder is being especially brutal on me this year, so, yeah. Having a good time.

Whoa, hey, open question. Who else uses Discord? Should we make a Dream17 Discord channel? Should I make a Dream17 Discord channel? Hello! Ughnl
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!
Zeor
Senior

Postby Xinos » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:17 am

Slick wrote:That's very cool. Any pictures of things you've made so far?

I don't have much online at the moment but I should make an album. Will try to get something up soon!

Zeor, yeahp I'm usually on discord. I don't think I've yet to actually talk to any of you.
Xinos
Regular

Postby Slick » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 pm

Im solely on Google Hangouts. Discord might be doable but I have so many windows and things open all the time I dont think I'd remember to log on to discord even if I made an account. :/
SAD is terrible. I usually hit it the hardest the second the time change happens and it's dark at 4pm and cold outside... it usually always last until around now - when the sunlight starts lasting a bit longer every day.

I'd look forward to seeing some of that Xinos.
If you can read this....your not blind.
Slick
Beef Stew

Postby Bloopy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:29 pm

I still use IRC but only read a fraction of what's said on there. Hard to justify having more programs running.

Meanwhile, after talking to my Dad, I have GPS coordinates of where I was born, accurate to within about 10 metres:
https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-41.308 ... ,174.78063

Presumably these days they have an app for that.
x_+
Bloopy
Regular

Postby Xinos » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:47 pm

Alright, here's a Kirby i printed and painted.
https://i.imgur.com/b9Tbm4k.jpg

Sadly it's not my model, credit goes to reddit user Shark_Socks.
Xinos
Regular

Previous

Return to Open Discussion