Steam Group

Misc.
Links
Staff
Super-frog.co.uk
Team17.com

Forum

What are you dream1❼ng?

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Re: What are you dream1❼ng?

Postby Zeor » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:27 am

If we ever work out a way to record your dreams, you're gonna blow up Youtube.
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!
Zeor
Senior

Postby Xinos » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:08 pm

Zeor wrote:If we ever work out a way to record your dreams, you're gonna blow up Youtube.

Being able to just record audio even would be great. I never learned how to play an instrument but sometimes I will create new music in my head as I fall asleep. It's usually when if I have been listening to a bunch of music before going to bed so there will be a seed. It might not be great but I impress myself due to my otherwise complete lack of musical ability. So I just imagine what else goes uncaptured in people's minds.
Xinos
Regular

Postby Pooka » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:58 pm

I had a dream within a dream within a dream the other day. I'm still not even sure I'm awake now.
Superfrog: the best things in life are green.
Pooka
Staff Writer

Postby Xinos » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:52 pm

I had a dream the other day that I got work at NASA! My dream only covered the first few days there, I was hired to work with 3D graphics, but I was mainly wandering around being amazed. There where huge rockets being built everywhere and I got to see several launches take place right there. Was fun!
Xinos
Regular

Postby Bloopy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Had a dream likely relating to the Auckland housing crisis, where I was staying the night in a cramped cave system with a friend. I could just make out that a big snake was coiled up near the entrance of our cave, so I felt around in the dark for a rock and threw it accurately at the snake's head so I could sleep in peace (although I had a dreadful feeling that there were worse creatures out there). The dream shifted to town, where apparently I was going to rent out the space I wasn't using there. Made me wonder if homeless people paying rent for their space on the street could become a thing. The dream fucked around with programming code for a while, visually iterating a 2D array in a weird order because it was an efficient way to search or something. Back at the caves, I was about to crawl out past the snake. If it was still alive and I disturbed it, I was hoping it would go for my friend instead of me. Then I was in a bathroom inexplicably installed in the caves, and just beyond the doorway there was a horrifying alien creature on the ground. It looked like a cross between a gooey, crusty insect cocoon and a giant isopod. It was the size and shape of a small melon that had been cut open. It launched itself at my arm and bit me, and I saw that it also resembled a shrunken panther head somewhat. I prised it off with a block of tree bark or something I happened to be holding and started batting it around the bathroom. I decided to chip it into the toilet even though I knew it was too big to flush. I made a gallant effort anyway, but it was just too big to fit through the siphon. I knew it wouldn't matter whether I closed the lid or not. As I started to wake up I laughed, because I knew it would get out and retreat to the the shadows, hiding, waiting for me to return so it could launch another surprise attack, only this time it'd have the added bonus of being marinated in urine.
x_+
Bloopy
Regular

Postby Bloopy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:08 am

I dreamt the laughable 'band' J Solo Project had two more failed gigs in Auckland (at the actual one last year IRL they mucked around for an hour with technical difficulties before giving up). Apparently nobody had shown up to one, so he managed to jump on the bill of a show the next night (no doubt what he calls 'headlining' but everyone else knows as 'playing last after nearly everyone has left and gone to bed'). I was wearing a t-shirt with a film character that looked like the giant straw bear from Miś and sitting around yapping about movies. By about 11pm the bands still hadn't started and the organiser popped out to say the bands wanted to pull the plug because less than 30 punters had shown up. I went backstage to try and argue with one of the band members, but in my dream state I was too dumb to think of anything to say that disagreed with his point of view. His main excuse seemed to be that he was too poor to afford new guitar strings if he wore his current ones out. J Solo was nowhere to be seen, but by the time he showed up he would find himself trying to play to nobody once again.

Next minute, I was playing soccer, apparently at a professional level since I saw some of it from a TV coverage perspective. I was wearing baggy jeans and experienced limited leg movement with moon gravity because my legs were trapped under the sheets IRL. Considering all that I was doing quite well. The field wasn't quite flat and had a ball-sized tunnel in it. A friend from high school on the opposing team kicked the ball through it and it took ages to pop out. I asked him where it was going to come out and he pointed to a different hole, but I wasn't fooled. I was naturally a defender based on my personality, but at one point I almost scored a goal. Or flubbed scoring an easy one, whatever. It's a dumb game anyway.
x_+
Bloopy
Regular

Previous

Return to Open Discussion