Menu
Home
Softography+

Game Downloads
Amiga ADFs + IPFs
CD³² ISOs
Windows
Demos

Goodies
Audio
Image Library
Programs / Misc.
Wallpapers

Fan-Stuff
Art
Audio
Fiction
Programs / Misc.

Viewpoint
Articles
Interviews
Reviews
The SuperBlog
News Archive

Interact
Contact us
Forum
Facebook
Steam Group

Misc.
Links
Staff
Super-frog.co.uk
Team17.com

Forum

Worms Clan Wars

For Boggy B and his mates. If they existed, of course.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby Thurbo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:57 pm

Star and Moon wrote:Also I'm really digging that headphone hat.


In the meantime couldn't you just easily create your own headphones? I also wonder what happens if some smarty-pants extracts those hats from the game files and uploads them to the workshop.
User avatar
Thurbo
Newbie
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby SupSuper » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:12 pm

Zeor wrote:CHEESE?!?!?!?!?!! ROFL
Guess what my beta soundbank has been. ;)
Bloopy wrote:
Akuryou13 wrote:I'll join you in that. I'm happy to save what money I can where I can, and willing to give this worms a shot.

Will have to give up on the 4-pack idea I think, can't get anyone else interested!

Sure I'm game, although I'll never get rid of the extra WRev copy. :P
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer
User avatar
SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:04 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby Star and Moon » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:35 pm

Thurbo wrote:
Star and Moon wrote:Also I'm really digging that headphone hat.


In the meantime couldn't you just easily create your own headphones? I also wonder what happens if some smarty-pants extracts those hats from the game files and uploads them to the workshop.


I'm not in the beta... and I don't know 3D modeling either... also it releases in 2 days...

SupSuper wrote:Sure I'm game, although I'll never get rid of the extra WRev copy. :P


I'll take it off you.
Last edited by Star and Moon on Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Star and Moon
Regular
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Outside of Time and Space

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby Bloopy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:14 am

SupSuper wrote:Sure I'm game, although I'll never get rid of the extra WRev copy. :P

Getting too close to release, I won't have a day to play Revolution if I spend it looking for a 4th person. :P If you plan to get Clan Wars now, owning Revolution should give you the same discount that the 4-pack does anyway.
x_+
User avatar
Bloopy
Regular
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby Star and Moon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:41 pm

The framerate is a bit iffy, if you restart your PC it should be fine though.
User avatar
Star and Moon
Regular
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Outside of Time and Space

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby Ulrox » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Anybody who are having trouble connecting to wormnet? I dont but my little brother does - no idea what that could be. :S

Edit: and now I'm having issues connecting to steams servers even though I can see people online and such - so I cannot connect to wormnet whereas I could before. >_>

Edit2: this is really strange - I can connect to steam store if I use a proxy - but I cannot do it normally. O_o

Edit3: Apparently steam is down to whoever is using Telia. http://www.telia.se/privat/aktuellt/art ... cca846e5b2
http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/ ... _to_steam/
Ulrox
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:38 pm

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby Star and Moon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:55 pm

Hmm... looks like the Beta Workshop stuff still isn't on there, I'm betting you guys are going to have to re-upload your stuff!
User avatar
Star and Moon
Regular
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Outside of Time and Space

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby SupSuper » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:50 pm

WormNet works fine for me, though I can't seem to access the Clan Wars server. :(

Edit: The clan portal seems down too.

Star and Moon wrote:Hmm... looks like the Beta Workshop stuff still isn't on there, I'm betting you guys are going to have to re-upload your stuff!
Yeah the Beta and Full workshops are separate, stuff has to be reuploaded to transfer over.
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer
User avatar
SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:04 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby Star and Moon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:15 pm

LOL the clan servers had to be taken down temporarily because so many people were using it the first day!

I guess Team17 wasn't used to publishing a game that so many people wanted to play and did play the first day.

Also I would be soo happy if someone made a hat for my sigworm, and I guess I've already repayed whoever makes it by making it a simple shape with a simple texture!
User avatar
Star and Moon
Regular
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Outside of Time and Space

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby SupSuper » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:59 am

I've set up a clan for Dream17, find it on the list (it's probably under Europe & Private) or add me on Steam for an invite.
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer
User avatar
SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:04 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby Akuryou13 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:14 am

SupSuper wrote:I've set up a clan for Dream17, find it on the list (it's probably under Europe & Private) or add me on Steam for an invite.
Request sent!

As a note, I'll be experimenting, probably tomorrow, with getting some stuff into the workshop. Once I do, I'll start taking requests for sig-worm items.
Akuryou13
Settled in
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:56 am

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby Star and Moon » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:43 pm

SupSuper I sent an invite! By the way if you don't know my Steam Account is Bluhyme.

Also I hope Kilburn reuploads his stuff, I really want Splapp's Sword :3
User avatar
Star and Moon
Regular
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Outside of Time and Space

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby Akuryou13 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:04 am

Turns out this is immensely easier than I anticipated! I shall be a hat-making machine!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =170155413
Akuryou13
Settled in
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:56 am

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby Akuryou13 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:26 am

Akuryou13
Settled in
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:56 am

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby Star and Moon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:36 pm

holy crap someone made Zero's Helmet: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=
User avatar
Star and Moon
Regular
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Outside of Time and Space

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby Akuryou13 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:35 pm

Star and Moon wrote:holy crap someone made Zero's Helmet: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=
lol, that would be me. I told you I'd get to it. :P
Akuryou13
Settled in
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:56 am

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby Xinos » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:36 pm

Akuguy13 wrote:lol, that would be me. I told you I'd get to it. :P

Nice work dude.
Xinos
Regular
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:50 am

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby Akuryou13 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:52 am

Xinos wrote:
Akuguy13 wrote:lol, that would be me. I told you I'd get to it. :P

Nice work dude.
I actually have a ton of issues with it. the primary one being how atrocious the normal map bake is. I just don't know how normal baking works well enough to fix it......
Akuryou13
Settled in
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:56 am

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby _Kilburn » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:32 pm

Okay guys, sorry for the delay. I wanted to port them to a more efficient format and that took a bit longer than expected. Plus adjusting their position in the customization menu is incredibly tedious.
But hey at least the files are twice smaller than most of the hats you'll find on the workshop, woo!

Splapp's Sword
Slick's Pimp Hat

I should probably make more of those.

Akuryou13 wrote:I actually have a ton of issues with it. the primary one being how atrocious the normal map bake is. I just don't know how normal baking works well enough to fix it......


To be honest I don't think normals matter much at this scale, you're never going to notice the small details. I think you should tone down the phong a bit though. :P
User avatar
_Kilburn
Settled in
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:47 pm
Location: NULL

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Postby Akuryou13 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:10 pm

_Kilburn wrote:Okay guys, sorry for the delay. I wanted to port them to a more efficient format and that took a bit longer than expected. Plus adjusting their position in the customization menu is incredibly tedious.
But hey at least the files are twice smaller than most of the hats you'll find on the workshop, woo!

Splapp's Sword
Slick's Pimp Hat

I should probably make more of those.

Akuryou13 wrote:I actually have a ton of issues with it. the primary one being how atrocious the normal map bake is. I just don't know how normal baking works well enough to fix it......


To be honest I don't think normals matter much at this scale, you're never going to notice the small details. I think you should tone down the phong a bit though. :P
Do our settings actually matter? I'd assumed the shaders were handled in-engine.


edit: Just changed my phong settings and nothing changed, just as I expected. If you know a way to turn down the phong, DO let me know. Me and several others on the workshop boards have been scratching our collective heads on this one.
Akuryou13
Settled in
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:56 am

PreviousNext

Return to Worms Series

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron